The trade mark checklist of success
1. Get advice from the experts- The Trademarkroom will aid you through your application, divulging their wealth of experience and knowledge
2. Make your mark unique- To create a clear brand that sets you apart from other businesses in the area of work that the mark will be registered for, try inventing a word or creating a logo that is not directly linked to the class of goods or services.
3. Don’t limit yourself- when creating your mark, you need to look into the future. Don’t limit the growth of your business into other areas by registering an industry specific mark.
4. Be your own brand- riding on the coattails of a previous marks will not aid your application. The best way to build your own success is to be distinctive in the market.
5. Be knowledgeable- the registration of as trade mark can have a huge impact on the success of your business, therefore do not go into this process with no knowledge of the requirements of a successful trade mark. Be familiar with the Trade Marks Act 1994
Now you have all the tools, don’t hesitate to get that successful trade mark application underway!
By Ellis Sweetenham